Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Is Anyone Out There?

Hey everyone!

After several persistent texts over the past few months (thanks Ron!) I've decided to come back and check-in to give you guys an update on what's been going on in my life since January.  

I truly never meant to take that long of a break, but one week turned into two, which turned into a month and then all of a sudden it was August!

So what's been going on since the last post?  In some ways, things are pretty much the same, but in others, there have been some changes!

Without further ado, here's what I've been up to:

1.  I have a 3.5 year old who turns 4 in October.  I'm still not sure how I feel about that one.  John is growing up to be a pretty awesome little boy if I do say so myself.  He asks questions ALL of the time - even the ones he knows the answers to.  He wants to know why Mommy doesn't have a penis (born that way), where babies come from (God) and when he can have a brother or sister (we'll see about that one, kid!)  He also loves to be silly and says the funniest things all the time.  Today's quip - Mom, it's hard for me to listen at school and at home, so I'll just listen at school, okay?






2.  My cousin got married on July 4th.  Probably one of the most fun weddings I've ever attended.





3.  I'm still cooking (relatively) the same things.  The food rut still exists and I've done nothing about it. Oops.

4.  Green monsters are back in my life for the summer.  I tell John that they are "Hulk juice" and he thinks it's delicious.

5.  The hubby is doing well.  This summer he "invested" in a summer hat.  I find it ridiculous, he finds it useful.  You be the judge.

6.  On the weekends when John naps I nap too.  I'm kind of scared for when he eventually grows out of that nap.  This mama is going to be in some serious trouble!

7.  I'm FINALLY back down to my goal weight.  Woo hoo!

So that's basically what's been going on in my neck of the woods.  How about you?

Question of the Day:
What have you been up too lately?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie