Monday, October 21, 2013

This One Time, Over The Weekend....

....I legitimately ate an entire butternut squash myself, realized that I have a food blog and stopped to take a picture three quarters of the way through.  It's a bad picture, too.....but I was enjoying the squash too much to care.  



Prior to this, the closest I've come to making butternut squash was opening up the baby food jar and stirring it around for John.  He LOVED the stuff as an infant.  When we were food shopping last week, he saw a butternut squash, asked what it was and if we could buy it.  I have a rule when it comes to stuff like this - never turn down his curiosity when it comes to fruits or vegetables.

When I finally got around to roasting the squash, I decided to make fries out of them.  The only thing I didn't enjoy was cutting/peeling the thing open.  I roasted them for about 40 minutes or so, and as soon as they cooled down, I ate them.  John was only interested in eating one or two.  Oh well - it's definitely something I'll continue to make and offer him.

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie