Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today's post will be picture-heavy.  Consider this your warning.

Today, I'm thankful for my sweet baby boy.  Today is John's 3rd birthday.  It's hard to believe that 3 years ago my hubby and I were meeting him for the first time.  Now, I don't know how we survived so long without him.


Watching John grow up has been one of the biggest blessings in my life.  John is amazing, and it's hard for me to think of any other word to describe him.  He was such an easy baby, and despite some challenging toddler moments, he continues to show me how to smile more and worry less.  



As a new mom, I thought I'd have all the answers and that I would be teaching him so many things and yet, as I think about it, I think John has taught me so much more. 


I love the way he smiles.  It melts my heart every time and that smile comes from a place of utter joy and happiness.

I love how John has a silly side.  He knows not to take life so seriously and he can typically make any situation humorous.


I love how he has a sensitive heart.  If someone is sad, he wants to know why, and when he has his answer, he runs right over with hugs and kisses. 


I love how literal he is.  When I told him he should be wearing a mask while he helped the hubby cut the lawn, he ran inside and grabbed his mask.  I had a face mask in mind - his allergies were particularly bad that day but I couldn't resist taking a picture of the mask he chose.


I love how proud he gets of himself.  With each new craft he brings home from school, he can't wait to show it to me, get my reaction of how great of a job he did and then proudly display it on the refrigerator....or in the case, on his head.

Happy birthday, my sweet baby boy.  Never ever change - you are perfect as you are.  I love you to the moon and back!

 
Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie