Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Very Special Birthday

Today, my Grandmom turns 86 years young.  

My Grandmom is one of my favorite people in the entire world. She's a woman of incredible faith, love and generosity.  I was lucky enough to live 5 minutes away from her while I was growing up.  I can't count just the number of times I've played "hairdresser" with her, learned the games she played as a kid and even how she would jump rope with me when no one else would.




As a child and into my teenage years, Grandmom taught me how to make homemade spaghetti, how to knit on a loom and how to make Italian Christmas cookies.



A few years ago, I asked my Grandmom to teach me how to crochet.  Every time I start a new project, I think of her and can't wait to show her the finished product.

As amazing as she is as a Grandmom, she's and even more incredible Gigi to my son, niece and nephew.   



She lets John play with her cane every time he asks, always has something sweet to offer him when he comes over and John just eats it all up.

Happy birthday, Grandmom! I love you so much!

Question of the Day:
Are there any birthdays you are getting ready to celebrate?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie