Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

The "school year" started in John's daycare after Labor Day, which meant that his teacher (Miss Lisa) switched her hours.  She used to be there from 6:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. and leave in the middle of the day for two hours to take care of her home care client.  (Yup-she has two jobs).  Once the school year started, her boss told her her hours were changing - from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.  It makes sense - having the teacher there consistently during the day - but John?  He wasn't happy about it. At all.  John is the kind of kid who needs to know what's going on, so the hubby and I tried our best to prep him about the new teacher that would be with him until Miss Lisa came in.  That first day, though, was rough.  For the first time ever, John cried when we dropped him off.  It was awful.

Day by day he's getting better.  Now he's into playing shy when when he walks into his classroom, but there are no more tears.  He tells me at least once in the morning he doesn't want to go to school but when I tell him that Miss Lisa will be there at 9:00, he's excited.

Today, I'm thankful he's adjusting well.  When I came home from work the other day, he was practicing a song for me - Shiny, Shiny Apple Red.  My favorite part of the video is how he's trying to point to the words and read.

In case you can't make out what he's singing, here are the lyrics:

Shiny, shiny apple red
Hanging high above my head
On my tiptoes reaching high
One last stretch, it's worth the try
Shiny, shiny apple red
Grabbed it, ate it, now I'm fed!






Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie