Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pizza Makin' Time

Happy Wednesday!

The hubby and I had a nice long Labor Day weekend.  We took off on Friday because John's daycare center was closed.  Even though we had off an extra day, the weekend still flew by!

On Friday, John and I decided to make a personal sized pizza.  He has a pizza making kit and Friday was a good day to use it.  The kit came with measuring spoons, cups, a rolling pin and a personal-sized pizza pan. Oh yeah, it also came with a chef hat.



John loved making his own pizza complete with mini pepperoni and cheese.  I try to cook with him as much as possible because I think it's important.  Plus, if he is involved in the process, he's more likely to try whatever we're eating.


I think he did a great job, don't you?





The big test was when the pizza came out of the freezer.  I would say oven, but let's be real, he can't eat anything right out of the oven.  He insists on it being room temperature or colder.


He liked the pizza, but he told me that the likes the pizza better at "big boy school."  Of course he likes the pizza better at big boy school - it's probably much greasier.

On Sunday, my brothers and I got together for a Labor Day picnic.  It was awesome, as always, to see the kids.  I love how they are old enough to smile for pictures.


I love my niece's expression in this picture.  She cracks me up!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend? (Even though we are halfway through the week already!)

Until next time!
~Anne Marie