Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Wed-Tastic Weekend!

Happy Monday Tuesday!

I was all set to give you a recap of the awesome weekend, but frankly, I was exhausted!  Why, you may ask?  My cousin got married over the weekend and sleep was minimal.

When I stop to think about it, I still can't believe my cousin Pete is married.  Even though he's an adult, I can still picture him as this 12 year old kid and in some respects, there are times when I look at him that way.  It's hard to realize he's all grown up.

My Uncle Pete, Aunt Lisa, Pete and Lauren
My nephew Aiden was in the wedding, and John couldn't wait to get to the church to see him.
John and Aiden before the ceremony
I didn't think I'd get to see Pete before the wedding ceremony, but my aunt pointed out that he and the best man were off to the side waiting for Mass to begin.  I quickly ran over, gave him a hug and told him to enjoy every second of the wedding.  Think these two look alike? Well, they do - Pete's best man was his twin brother, Andrew.

Andrew and Pete waiting for Lauren
I've known Pete and his fiancee Lauren for quite some time, and I'm telling you, I've never seen either of them smile as much as they did that day.  It was beautiful.

First kiss as husband and wife!
As for my nephew?  He did awesome up there all by himself.  And really, he looks so darn cute in that tux, don't ya think?


After Mass was over, we snapped a few pictures and headed back to my uncle's house until it was time to go to the reception.


At this point, John's lack of a long nap started kicking in (i.e., he became a grumpy pants) so shortly after this photo was taken, the hubby and I drove around until he fell asleep.



John had to be woken up and the grumpiness got worse.  I don't blame him - I'd be annoyed if I didn't get my nap in either.  The only thing that made him feel better was seeing his cousin Aiden.  Aiden gave him a hug and his mood shifted 100%.

I brought along a spare shirt so that the little guy could be more comfortable at the reception.  Who doesn't like a faux tuxedo shirt?


P.S.  I love Aiden's face in the picture above.  What a ham!

Question of the Day:

What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie