Monday, August 12, 2013

Spur of the Moment

Happy Monday!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was busy, but a lot of fun!  On Saturday I took John to my mom's house for a visit.  We stopped over to my grandmom's house as well, which is always a treat.  John loves visiting his GiGi (short for great-grandmom) and watching "Frout" (the children's TV network Sprout) at her house.  It cracks me up every time!

On Sunday John desperately wanted to go to the park.  The hubby and I promised we'd take him if he was good at Church.  On our way to the park, my older brother called and told me he was in the area with my sister-in-law and the kids.  They were going to Linvilla Orchards to pick some fruits and veggies and wanted to know if we wanted to meet up with them.  It was a spur of the moment decision that ended up being the highlight of our weekend.

John couldn't wait.  He LOVES seeing his cousins.  Bonus?  The Orchard has a huge play area for the kids, so John got to hang out with his cousins plus go to a park. To get to the fruit trees and vegetable garden you have to take a hayride.  It's amazing the difference a year makes - last year John hated the hayride.  This year he thought it was fun.  

We loaded our bucket with peppers, tomatoes and peaches.  Today, my shoulders and back are sore. Ridiculous!



The hubby picked up some flowers for our table, which was really sweet.


It's amazing what some flowers can add to a room!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your day?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie