Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Rule-Breaking

Happy Wednesday!

John is beginning to enter a fussy stage of eating.  It's not too bad yet, but his palate is diminishing rather than expanding.  He's a creature of habit, like his mama, and he eats a lot of the same things every day.  Things that he used to really like he's snubbing his nose at now.

If there's one thing I'm a stickler on, it's not making a separate meal for him unless the hubby and I are eating something we know he doesn't like.  Unfortunately, I had to make an exception the other night when sloppy joes were on the menu.


I had been craving sloppy joes since last week, when my friend told me that's what she was having for dinner.  I mean really, who screws up sloppy joes?  This girl does!  I took one bite and realized that the beef was way over cooked.  Even the hubby had a hard time choking it down, and he'll eat just about anything.  I broke my rule and asked John what he wanted for dinner.  Of all the things he could have picked, he told me he wanted a waffle.  Go figure.

All dinners can't be winners, can they? haha

Question of the Day:
Have you had any cooking/baking flops lately?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie