Monday, August 26, 2013

No Bake Peanut Butter Pie

Happy Monday!

My weekend started off on a somewhat sour note.  I got a phone call on Friday that John was running a high fever.  Thankfully he kicked it by Sunday, but, on one of the most gorgeous weekends we've had in a long time, we had a kid down.  Instead of making a mountain out of a molehill I decided to make lemonade. The hubby and I used the opportunity of having a kid who slept a lot over the weekend to clean out the house and hang some pictures.

I don't get in these clean out the whole house moods often, so when I do, it's best to take advantage.  When all was said and done, the hubby and I cleaned out our crawl space and John's playroom and cleaned almost the entire house.  I'll call it a successful weekend.

Speaking of successful, I have an amazing no bake peanut butter pie recipe that it out of this world amazing. From start to finish, it took me literally ten minutes to put this together.

Creamy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie  (from Mommy's Kitchen)

Creamy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie

Ingredients:
2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 - cup sugar
2/3 - cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 - cup whipped topping
14 -  peanut butter cups,divided
1 -  chocolate crumb crust (9 inches) (I used a graham cracker crust because they didn't have Oreo crusts at Target)

Directions:
In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy.

Fold in whipped topping

Coarsely chop half of the peanut butter cups; stir into cream cheese mixture.

Spoon into crust. Quarter remaining peanut butter cups; arrange over the top.

Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.


Here's what you'll end up with right if you don't eat the entire batter before putting it into the crumb crust.


There's no doubt in my mind that this will be my go-to dessert from now on.  In fact, it was gone within the first few minutes after all of the desserts were put out on the table.

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie