Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Aunt Jacqui's Roasted Veggies

Happy Wednesday!!   Guess what day it is?  Guess what day it is!   I've been going around the office quoting that Geico commercial no less than 10 times already.  My friend who sits next to me at work is probably ready to slap me.





Ok, back to the food part of the blog.  Whenever my brothers and I plan a dinner together, nine times out of ten my sister-in-law, Jacqui, brings her roasted vegetables.  They are incredibly tasty and are a huge hit among the family.

When we met up with my brother's family to go fruit and veggie picking, I asked her what she was going to do with all her vegetables and she told me she was going to roast them.  She gave me her recipe, which I used for all the peppers we collected.

Aunt Jacqui's Roasted Vegetables

Ingredients

A boatload of vegetables (I only used peppers because that's what I had on hand)
Olive oil (just enough to coat the vegetables)
Salt to taste
Parmesan cheese

Directions

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Slice your vegetables
Sprinkle with olive oil and salt

Roast them until the vegetables are tender 20-40 minutes.  About 10 minutes before they are done, sprinkle the vegetables with Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.  Since I only used three peppers, mine were done in about 20 minutes.





I'm pretty convinced that the cheese is the secret in this recipe.  It melts into the vegetables just a little bit and makes them taste amazing.  Thanks for the recipe, Jacqui!  

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite way to eat vegetables - steamed, raw or roasted?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie