Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Smothered Chicken

Happy Wednesday!

Today is a sad day for me - one of the girls I work with is leaving the company and moving to Virginia.  It's an exciting time for her and her husband but a sad time for those of us who have to look at an empty desk for the next few weeks until her replacement gets here.  

This girl is really one in a million.  She always has a positive attitude and she is one of those people that you feel lucky to know.  We're really going to miss her!

One thing we have in common is our love of food.  I shared this recipe with her yesterday and I think you will like it too.

Lightly Smothered Chicken  (Recipe from this website http://www.nutmegnanny.com/2011/01/17/lightly-smothered-chicken/)

Ingredients
12 oz boneless skinless chicken breast - grilled (I used the Tyson Ready Grilled Chicken - such a time saver!)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 green bell pepper - sliced (I used two)
8oz mushrooms - sliced (I omitted these)
1 large onion - cut in half and sliced
1 clove garlic - minced
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper - to taste
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat olive oil in pan and add green peppers, mushrooms and onions. Saute until soft and then add garlic, oregano and salt and pepper. Stir together and set aside.

In an 8x8 pan add the grilled chicken. Slather chicken evenly with dijon mustard.

Take warm vegetables and top chicken. Cover vegetables and chicken with reduced fat cheese.

Cook in the oven until the cheese is melted. Approximately 10 minutes.

And, for your viewing pleasure, here is the recipe by pictures.





Oh.my.word was this amazing!  The best part?  It took me less than 20 minutes from start to finish.  It's a real winner in my book!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite veggies?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie