Monday, July 15, 2013

Now That Was Easy

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Mine was pretty great.  We're having some people over to our house this weekend, so the hubby and I spent most of our Saturday night frantically completing house projects putting the finishing touches on some projects that we had been putting off.

I go through hummus like crazy in my house - so much so that I buy it in bulk.  It's one of the few things all of us enjoy.  My mom told me about a super-simple hummus recipe that doesn't use tahini.  We tried it on Saturday and it was really yummy.

Super Easy Hummus

2 cans chickpeas
2 tsp of lemon juice
olive oil
water
salt


Put chickpeas, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender and combine.  I started off with two tablespoons of oil and gradually increased it to get the hummus to the right consistency.  I added a small mount of water and  salt towards the end.  The water helped everything move around in the blender.  I'll definitely be making this again, but next time with roasted red peppers or buffalo sauce.  The possibilities are endless!

Sunday morning I woke up to news of Cory Monteith's passing.  So, so sad and tragic.  I was a big Glee fan when the show first started and have sporadically gone in and out of my Glee-watching phases.  I feel like I knew the guy, and days later, I'm still thinking about it.  What a bummer.

Source
 Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie