Monday, July 29, 2013

If You Give A Kid A Pen.....

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Mine was great!  On Saturday, we took the little guy to my mom's house and the hubby and I went out for lunch.  Our date days are few and far between, so it was nice to spend some time with him.  

On the ride home, John was upset because he dropped something he was playing with and I couldn't easily reach it.  I dug through my purse and the only thing I could find was a pen.  We were literally ten minutes from home and he has experience with pens....no big deal, right?

Wrong.  As soon as I opened his door, I was met with a pen-covered kid.  At first he looked up at me as if he were going to be in trouble, but I started laughing.  My husband looked at me and said "well, what did you think was going to happen?"  I rushed John into the house so we could take some pictures.  After he saw that I wasn't upset, the smiles came out.



Ah, the joys of having children.

Sunday was a low key day for us.  We had crazy torrential rain, so we stayed inside for the majority of the day.  We had some bread and eggs to use up, so breakfast for dinner it was.


It's amazing how the simplest dinners can turn out to be the most delicious!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie