Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Brownie Poppin'

I'm the person who's the last to hop on a bandwagon.  I don't know if I've been hiding under a rock, but I've recently fallen in love with the show Cake Boss.  I mean really, the talent of the bakers is extraordinary.  I like to bake, although I wouldn't consider myself particularly good at it.  I've decided to push myself a little bit, and so I think I'll have to bake more often.

My mom had a 4th of July barbecue and I told her I was going to bring a dessert.  Cupcakes were on my mind, but while I was at Target picking up the ingredients, I came across this box of goodness.


Brownie pop kit
Brownie pops are something I've always wanted to try my hand at making but have been too intimidated.  For $2.99, the kit came with the chocolate wafers, the sticks, sprinkles and brownie mix.  You can't beat that, right?  

I had little hope for these turning out okay, but I pushed on.  The first step was to bake the brownies and let them cool.


Once they are cooled, cut off the hard edges all the way around the brownie and slice into twelve pieces.  Take the brownie square and fold the corners into itself and roll until you have a ball.

Melt some of the chocolate wafers, dip the sticks into the melted chocolate and insert them in the brownie balls.



Put them in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.  Once the brownie pops have chilled in the fridge, melt the rest of the chocolate, dip the brownie pops in, cover with sprinkles and viola!  You have brownie pops.




This was the easiest dessert to make and it took much less time that I expected.  They were a hit for both the kiddos and the adults!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite dessert to make?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie