Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Mine was awesome!  Somehow we have on our hands an almost 100% potty trained little boy.  He started telling the babysitter on Wednesday when he had to use the bathroom and hehasn't turned back.  Right now he's only in diapers during nap time and bed time.  We couldn't be happier for him!

On Saturdays I usually visit my mom while the hubby goes to work but this weekend she wasn't feeling too hot.  I was wracking my brain trying to figure out something to do with him - it was sweltering outside so that was out.  I dug through my DVDs and found Finding Nemo.  We went to the grocery store and picked up a "special" dinner - he wanted chicken fingers with sweet potato fries and I opted for a spicy California roll.



After we ate dinner, I popped some popcorn and we snuggled under a blanket.  John was so excited to be watching a "real" movie for the first time.


About halfway through the movie and after eating one kernel of popcorn, he asked me for ice cream.  I had a Skinny Cow cup in the freezer, and so I put his spoon in it and brought it downstairs for him to eat.  When I pulled the spoon out, this is what I saw....


I don't know whether it was the heat or just being tired, but I couldn't stop laughing because it looks like the ice cream has a face.

Yesterday we pretty much did some house stuff and put John in his pool.

All in all it was a pretty fabulous weekend!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie