Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Venturing Into the World of Kale Chips

Happy Wednesday!

I've been seeing kale chips all over the blog for the last year or so, but I've been reluctant to try them because, well, they didn't seem very appetizing.  I've been reading up on all of the benefits on kale and was pretty impressed.  It seems like a great superfood and over the weekend, I bit the bullet and finally tried making kale chips.

First, get a bunch of kale and remove the stems.  Wash and thoroughly dry them.  Most people use a salad spinner, but since I gave mine away, I used paper towels to get them dry.  This wasn't as effective as a salad spinner, but it did a pretty decent job.

I put some olive oil and salt on them and baked them in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.


I secretly wanted to try this recipe specifically for the little guy.  He loves anything remotely crunchy and I thought this would be an awesome way for him to get some vegetables into his diet.  As you can see below, he couldn't wait to get his hands on them!


I really liked the crunch of the kale chips and really, they weren't so bad afterall.  I think they have been really hyped up in the blog world, though, so I expected something more than what I came up with.  So how did John like them?


All smiles......that is until he got his hand on a soggy one.  Oops! We ate almost the entire batch, so I'd say this was a success!

Question of the Day:
Have you ever tried kale chips?  Did you like them?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie