Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Big Boy "Fool"

Happy Wednesday!

At the end of May, I mentioned there was some changes going on with John's daycare situation.  Well, folks, John has officially started big boy school, or as he calls it, "big boy fool."  I'm very thankful he had such a smooth transition.  His last day with the babysitter was June 14th and then we went away for a week.  It was almost like he was starting fresh.

He kept asking me if he should be nervous and I tried to reassure him that there was nothing to be nervous about.  Meanwhile, on the inside I was having my own personal freak-out moment.  He had been with his babysitter since he was six months old, and honestly, we LOVE her, but it was time for him to move on.  

Monday was his first day and you know what?  He did FANTASTIC.  In fact, we had a nice little conversation about big boy "fool" Tuesday morning that went something like this.

John:  Mommy, where do you go while I'm at big boy fool?
Me:    I go to stinky work.
John:  Why is it stinky?
Me:    Because I'd rather be at home with you.
John:  Well, I want you to go to work.

Yup.  That's how my kid rolls.  

Before we left for school on Monday, I took the obligatory first day of school shot.  Here's my little guy super excited for his big day.





He's growing up so fast, isn't he?

Question of the Day:
Did you like school when you were younger?

Me?  I hated school until I went into high school.  I LOVED high school so, so much!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie