Monday, June 24, 2013

Back from Vacation

Happy Monday!

Last week we were away on vacation - to North Wildwood, NJ.  We had such a fun time and were lucky enough to have fantastic weather.

The morning after we arrived we took a walk on the beach to look for seashells.  It was hard to explain to John that we were just walking on the beach - not digging in the sand or going in the water.  Surprisingly, he did pretty well.


Look, Mom! I found a seashell!
Besides hanging out on the beach, John LOVED going on the rides.  This year he was able to ride most of them by himself and he was more than happy to do so.  It's amazing what a difference a year makes!



One of our traditions is getting Kohr Brothers ice cream.  We had it practically every night we were there.  Man oh man is that some good stuff.


There was one day where we had some cloudy skies with rain, and so we visited the pool and lounged around all day.  John loved watching the TV network Sprout - in fact, if you ask him what his favorite part of the vacation was, he'll tell you that he loved watching Sprout, followed by digging in the sand.

I asked John if I could take a picture of him, and this is the look he gave me.  I anticipate many more pictures with this face as he gets older!


He eventually smiled, though, once I asked him too.


My older brother and his family were also at the Jersey shore last week, so on Wednesday we met up and went to the Cape May Zoo.  John had so much fun hanging out with his cousins.  I love how they are all so close in age.  It's awesome!


On Friday, my mom and younger brother came down for the day, so my older brother and his family also came down so my mom could see the kids on the beach.  It was awesome having the whole family together, and it reminded me of when we were younger.


All in all, we had an absolutely fantastic time, and John enjoyed himself more than I ever imagined he would. While walking the boardwalk at Ocean City, we even ran into this famous guy and John was so excited!


Mario!

Question of the Day:
What was the best part of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie