Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Boy oh boy do I love short work weeks!

I don't typically go into religion on the blog, but today, I'm going there.  You see, I'm learning that I'm a complete control freak and I think I've gotten worse since John was born.  The thing is, with kids, you can't have total control.  I can't control when he gets sick, I can't control if someone is mean to him, I can't control how he's going to behave on any given day.  What I can do, though is let it go and give it over to God.  Every single time I've given something over to God, He takes care of it.  

I remember my single days when I would look for people to date.  None of those people that I sought out worked out for me.  Then, one day, I said to God "you know what?  I'm completely done trying to control this.  Whatever happens, happens.  If it's in your plan for me to get married, then it'll happen."  A few months later, guess who I met?  Yup, the hubby.  It's funny because looking back on it, I remember meeting him and thinking how happy I was being single and how I didn't really want to start a relationship at that moment.  It's ironic how things work out.

There's been a situation going on in my life with John and his daycare situation that has been driving me nuts since January.  About a week or so ago, I had another one of those conversations with God where I told Him that I was done and whatever was supposed to happen would happen.  Literally two days later, guess what?  The situation was resolved.  You know, I wish I wouldn't hold onto things for so long before I give them over.  My anxiety and worries would be much less and I think I'd be much more peaceful.

So today, I'm thankful for God's gentle reminders that He's the one in control, not me.


Source


Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie