Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer, Summer, Summer Time

Happy Wednesday!

Work has slowed down quite a bit since graduation last Friday.  It's officially summertime where I work, which means relatively relaxed days along with some moments of extreme boredom.  It's times like these when I wish we had summer hours.  I can't complain too much, though, because I really love my job.

There's been a heat wave over the last few days, and along with the lazy summertime feel of the office, there was that same feeling when I got home.  The warm breeze floated through the window as the hubby and I got dinner ready yesterday, and despite the humidity, I refuse to turn on my air conditioner in May.  We decided something quick and summer-like would be the way to go, so sloppy joes sounded like the perfect idea.

We weren't sure how John would like it but turns out he loved it!  It's always nice when you can add something new to the menu.

I served corn along with the sloppy joes, and, while the husband meant well, I think he gave me nearly half of the bag of corn!


I gave some of it to John, who can never get enough corn in his mouth.

All in all it was a quick, satisfying meal suited for the summer.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite summertime meal?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie