Monday, May 20, 2013

Mommy and Me Weekend

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Mine was fun - the hubby went away on retreat, so the little guy and I had some quality one-on-one time together.  On Saturday, we took my mom to the zoo.  This is our second year being members, but the first time that almost all of the animals we went to see were out and about.

John's favorite animal, as of right now anyway, are the giraffes.  He loved watching one of them try to reach a leaf with his tongue.  He's STILL talking about how cool it was!

Yesterday, I took the little guy out to the diner.  He loves breakfast food and going to a restaurant, so I thought this would be something special for just the two of us to do.  I was a little concerned how he would be with just me, but he behaved so much better than I could have ever dreamed.


He's got the "saying cheese" part of picture-taking down, but looking into the camera is a whole other ordeal.

After our breakfast date, we went to Target for a shopping spree some much needed items, came home and called it a day.

Before we knew it, the hubby was home and our weekend went like normal  - make pizza, give John a bath and get ready for another Monday.

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie