Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Recap + A New Recipe!

Happy Wednesday!


How was your Memorial Day Weekend?  Mine was awesome!! I love, love, love extra days off from work.  Can't someone make a law about mandatory 3 day weekends?

On Fridays near my work, there's a local radio station that puts on free shows at lunchtime.  Most of the time, they feature artists I've never heard of before, but last week?  It was Bobby McFerrin!!  Whenever I hear that name, I think of this song...


You're welcome for getting that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day.  I was so, so, so excited to see him because every time I hear "Don't Worry, Be Happy" I'm reminded of my Grandpop and Uncle Joe.  They both loved that song and played it all of the time.  

We got pretty close to the stage, but since my camera stinks I'm in desperate need of a new camera, this was the best shot I could get of him. 

No lie, this guy is amazing.  The noises he can make with his voice - all I can say is wow.  Unfortunately, he didn't sing Don't Worry Be Happy, but the concert was so amazing that it didn't matter too much anyway.

On the home front, we switched John into a "big boy" bed i.e., my hubby converted his crib into a daybed.  We mainly did this for selfish reasons - we don't want to bring along a pack-n-play on vacation - but John LOVES it!  He loves the idea of being called a big boy and the first thing he did when he got into bed was jump up and down on the mattress - naturally!



On Sunday we all headed to my mother and father-in-law's house for a BBQ.  The hubby made a pasta salad and I made a dessert.  My sister-in-law makes this and let me tell you - it's amazing!

This is more of a dirt-like dessert.  The original recipe calls for peanuts, but I omitted them because there were kids at the BBQ.

Peanut Butter and Pudding Dirt Pie

1 box instant chocolate pudding
1/2 jar peanut butter
1 container of fat free cool whip
1/3 container of Oreos.  I used regular, but my sister-in-law uses peanut butter stuffed Oreos

Directions

Make the pudding and set aside.  While the pudding is setting, combine a half a jar of peanut butter with whip cream.  Crush 1/3 container of Oreos in a plastic bag or in a food processor.

Next, it's time for layering!

Layer pudding, then peanut butter mixture followed by the cookie crumbs until you reach the top.  At the end, this is what it should look like.



Here's a view from the side.....

This is a delicious dessert, but it is very rich, so a little bit goes a long way.

All in all it was a successful weekend!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite dessert?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie