Monday, April 15, 2013

The Over-Snacker

When it comes to my eating habits, weekends are much more unstructured than weeknights.  Staying on track is easier for me during the week when every meal is planned out.  On Saturdays and Sundays I tend to eat breakfast much earlier in the day so by 10:00 my tummy starts rumbling.  I try my hardest to fight the urge to snack because we eat lunch early (around 11:00-11:30).  I don't want to spoil my appetite but eventually, I end up snacking on a few crackers and when that doesn't satisfy me, I eat another snack on top of that.  Sounds dumb, doesn't it?


Source
I  wonder just how many calories I consume throughout the course of a weekend by picking.  My guess is it's much more than I would like to admit.  I promised myself that I would choose differently this weekend.  Yesterday, when we came home from Church, I was hungry.  My initial reaction was to grab a handful of crackers on my way outside to play with the little guy.  Instead I took a breather.  I made myself a wrap with hummus and savored it.  You know what?  By the time lunch came around, I was able to make a better decision without feeling famished.  I felt better about myself all because I decided to eat.  Sometimes the simplest answers are right in front of my face - it just takes FOREVER for me to figure it out!

Question of the Day:
Would you consider yourself a snacker?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie