Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Summer Dessert

Happy Wednesday!

The daylight is lasting longer and the weather is getting warmer.  It can only  mean one thing - summer is right around the corner!  As soon as it gets hot there are two things I crave: ice cream and chocolate   Okay, let's be real here - I crave ice cream and chocolate every other time of the year too!

We go through a lot of bananas at my house, but I've been known to over-buy bananas and leave them sitting on the counter for too long.  Before the hubby throws them away, I peel, chop and freeze them.  Most of the time I make ice cream out of frozen bananas.  (Throw 'em in the blender or food processor and after a few minutes you have soft serve-like ice cream made only from bananas!)  On the days when I feel particularly lazy, I throw the frozen bananas in a bowl and top with some chocolate chips.



It's deliciously refreshing!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite summertime dessert?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie