Monday, March 25, 2013

The Pillow Project

Happy Monday!

I love the fact that it's Spring and we're in the middle of a snowstorm.  Thanks, Mother Nature.

This weekend was pretty good.  We didn't do too much because the little guy has another cold and all he really wanted to do was lounge around and watch movies.  The weather wasn't so great and I was more than happy to snuggle with him.

In between snuggling sessions, I took the opportunity to work on a house project.  The hubby and I are in the middle of re-doing our living room.  We repainted the walls and have plans to add some pictures, a new slipcover (which you can see we're still in the process of finishing in the pictures below) and some throw pillows.

We're trying to accomplish this all while staying within a reasonable budget.  That's why I've been looking at the book by Sherry and John Petersik, Young House Love for some inspiration. - and boy did I find some! (Here's the link to their blog - it's pretty awesome!)  One of their thrifty ideas is to make pillows from napkins.  I went to Target and purchased two sets of napkins in colors that worked well with the new paint.  I ironed them both, sewed them together and stuffed them with stuffing from an old pillow.

Since the hubby and I couldn't decide on whether we liked the green color or blue color better, I sewed the pillow with one panel of each so we could display whatever color we're in the mood for.



Side one

Side two
For me to make one pillow (and for someone who has zero crafting ability) it took me about 45 minutes - not bad at all!!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie