Monday, March 4, 2013

Stuff My Two Year Old Says

 Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Mine was busy but good!  Yesterday I ran some errands before I met up with my brothers for a birthday lunch.  We've started a tradition of taking each other out to lunch for our birthdays.  Our one rule is that it's just the three of us - no girlfriend or spouses permitted.  It's a great opportunity for us to catch up and I really love it!

So the little guy.  Some of the things that come out of his mouth truly crack me up.  Since these conversations float around in my head, I thought I'd share some of his anecdotes with you.

Me:     John, what does a green traffic light mean? (I had asked him this a few times at this point)
John:   Mommy, you're going to have to figure this one out.

John:  Mommy, can I have a surprise?
Me:    Sure. (I hand him a piece of fruit)
John:  Mommy, this is not a surprise.  This is fruit.  I want a chocolate surprise.

John:  Did you know that cat and hat rhyme?  Like the story!

(John waking up in the morning):  What the flip flop is that noise?

Me:  (trying to get out of John's room after saying goodnight)
John:  Mommy?  I have one more question.
Me:   What?
John:  You are a girl and daddy's a boy.
Me:    That's right, but that's not really a question.  Are you trying to stall for time?
John:  Yes because I don't want to go to bed.  Can I get up now?


Just recalling these conversations made me smile.  My silly little boy.  He's just the best.





Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie