Monday, March 18, 2013

Homemade BBQ Sauce with a Side of the Weekend

Happy Monday!

This weekend was a whirlwind even though we didn't do too much.  After taking a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon, the little guy decided between 12:20 and 3:30 this morning that he couldn't sleep.  At 2:30 the hubby went into his room and sat on the rocking chair for an hour until the little guy finally fell asleep.  We haven't had a night like that since he was a baby.  I certainly don't miss those days!

On Saturday the hubby had to get his photo for his driver's license so the little guy and I headed out to the Dollar Store.  I was so happy to learn that there is a Dollar Store not too far from my house - but it only took me 5 years to figure it out!  The little guy used the potty a lot on Saturday so we went to pick out a special treat. He found a blue flower pinwheel that he loved as soon as we walked into the store.  It's funny how he picks out things that I would never peg him to choose. 

Yesterday we had a lazy day and didn't do too much after Church.  In keeping with the lazy theme, I made an easy meal of sloppy joes and brown rice.




I used extra lean ground turkey and made my own bbq sauce with one cup of ketchup and one cup of diet coke.  This is a throwback recipe from my Weight Watcher days.  All you have to do is mix the ketchup and diet coke in a pot and simmer it until it thickens.  It makes a sweet sauce, and the family enjoyed gobbling it up.  I've said it before and I'll say it a million times over - the simplest things to prepare are usually the biggest hits in our house.  Go figure!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie