Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fitting in Fitness

Happy Wednesday!

I'm at a point in my weight loss journey where I have 5 pounds left to lose.  I've grappled with these last few pounds - will it make me feel happier if I lost them?  Does it really make a difference?  Honestly, my answer depends on how I'm feeling at that particular moment.  Most days those 5 pounds don't matter.  They don't define me as a person and at best, the last few pounds would only make my clothes fit a little better.

When I reflect on what I had done differently when I first began my weight loss journey eight years ago, I exercised.  I belonged to a gym and went a couple times a week with my boss and best friend.  When I got married my hubby became my gym partner and we would wake up super early to get our workouts in before  work.



Source
Ever since becoming a mom, my workouts have been non-existent.  I'm too tired to wake up in the morning and too exhausted by the time I come home from work to get my tush off of the couch.  It's pure laziness and I know it.

The other day one of my co-workers handed me a 10 minute workout paper.  The idea was to repeat the moves 2-3 times a day for a 20-30 minute workout.  It had the basic lunges, squats, high knees, high kicks and crunches.  While the hubby was changing the little guy for bed I tried it out.  I felt so much better after doing it and boy oh boy am I sore today.  I had forgotten just how out of the workout routine I am!

I'm hoping that I can stick to this type of a routine and get my tush in gear! I've been sedentary for long enough!

Question of the Day:
I know I'm not the only one with a busy schedule, so tell me - how do you fit in fitness?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie