Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday, and happy birthday to my brother, Eric!  There's lots of birthdays over in my neck of the woods this month, aren't there?

I may have mentioned this on the blog before, but the little guy is going through a "testing" phase.  Some nights he's in time-out more than he plays and it's beyond frustrating.  I stinks that I have to work in the first place, so I want to cherish the time I do get to spend with him - not put him in time out every five seconds.  Sometimes I take my frustration out on him, and I hate it.  I let it get the best of me instead of accept that he's a toddler and it's normal.  I guess I want him to be the sweet little boy he usually is because when he isn't?  Well, it's just not  pleasant for either of us.

I've been trying extra hard not to get so frustrated this week and not only do I feel better, but I get the sense that the little guy does too.  Yes, there have been a few times I've given myself a time-out to compose myself before addressing the little guy but it's better than getting angry with him.

Yesterday, my friend posted this on Facebook and mentioned that it was a good reminder for herself.  You know what?  It was an awesome reminder for me too.  So today, I'm thankful I saw her post.



Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie