Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Keep the Party Going

Happy Wednesday!

I have some  pretty cool stuff to share with you today.  I was contacted to see if I was interested in trying out new ChapStick Cupcake Creation flavors.  I was so happy when the package arrived in the mail.

Disclaimer: The ChapStick® product, information and gift have been provided by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare for free.  

The gift pack included Sprinkles cupcake mix, cupcake candles, noisemakers, ChapStick Cupcakes Cake Batter and Red Velvet flavors and party hats.  Our mission?  Keep the party going.

Once the box was opened, the little guy immediately pulled out the party hats and noisemakers.  I think  he forgot all about the fact that we were going to make cupcakes too!




He didn't want to leave his daddy or his alligator out of the party-hat fun, so my hubby got in on the action too.  If you notice in the far right corner, my son's alligator has a party hat on.  He just loved these things.


In an effort to make the cupcakes a little bit healthier, I omitted the eggs, butter, etc. and added a can of pumpkin.  It makes the cupcakes more dense, but they are still pretty good and they have extra fiber.  Bonus!!

I topped these guys with some whipped cream cheese frosting.  The result?  Delicious cupcakes!  The hubby enjoyed them so much that he scarfed two of them down after his lunch.  I brought some cupcakes to my mom over the weekend and she also enjoyed the heck out of them.  This is a pretty amazing feat - especially considering that my mom isn't always up for my recipe concoctions (i.e. using pumpkin instead of the butter, eggs, etc. that the mix calls for).  

Sidebar - I can't frost cupcakes if my life depended on it!

As for the ChapSticks themselves, although I've tried both, the one I found myself using the most is the Cake Batter flavor. Its scent reminded me of a birthday candle I used to own and if it wouldn't be completely weird, I'd sit at my desk and sniff it all day. haha.  Seriously, though, I'm a huge fan of this stuff.  I don't find myself reapplying constantly and it doesn't leave my lips feeling cakey or waxy, which are my biggest pet peeves when it comes to lip gloss.  

The Velvet Cupcake flavor is equally delicious, and it reminded me of the red velvet cupcakes the little guy and I made.  I love how the flavors are right on without being overbearing.  ChapStick has done another great job with these guys!  

The Chapstick Cupcake Creations are available only for a limited time at Walmart, CVS and Walgreens, so check them out if you're interested!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite cake flavor?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie