Monday, February 4, 2013

Greek Yogurt Chicken with a Side of Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

It was such a productive weekend around the house, and I couldn't be happier.  On Saturday, the little guy and I paid a visit to my Grandmom and Uncle Joe - my Grandmom is recovering from cataract surgery so it was a great excuse to head down to her neck of the woods to see how she was doing.  The little guy ate up every bit of attention she showed him, complete with doing "flips" (somersaults) and playing with her cane.  It's amazing how, out of all of the toys he has, he likes the "real" things best - pots and pans, boxes and yes, even canes.  Go figure.

Yesterday the hubby, little guy and I headed out to Target after church to get some decorating inspiration   We're repainting a lot of our house, and finally, after almost 6 years of living there, I think we're figuring out exactly how we want to decorate the place.  Yeah, we're slow like that.  I've been taking progress pictures along the way and can't wait to share them with  you!

We're probably one of the only families in the nation that didn't watch the Superbowl last night.  Instead, we settled in to a warm comforting meal of Greek yogurt chicken.  I've been hearing that plain Greek yogurt is a great substitution for many things, i.e. sour cream, mayo, etc. but I didn't bite bullet until I found this recipe.

Greek Yogurt Chicken
1.  Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 6 pieces)
2.  6oz container of plain Greek yogurt
3.  1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Nutritional Information Per Serving:  Calories: 154g, Carbs: 1g, Fat: 3g, Protein: 33g, Fiber: 0g 

Here comes the hard part - mix the yogurt and cheese together and pour over the chicken and bake until chicken is cooked through.  Yup, that's it, folks!  Since I used 6 pieces of chicken, my sauce was almost non-existent, so I'd either decrease the number of chicken breasts or increase the yogurt and cheese.




I served it over brown rice, and despite my reservations about how it would go over with the little guy, he loved it.  Woo hoo!! One more item to add to his "things I'll eat" list.

Oh yes, and one more thing?  Since I've started using myfitnesspal to track calories instead of points, I'm down 3lbs.  I'll take it!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie