Wednesday, February 20, 2013

BBQ Pork

Happy Wednesday!

First, I want to wish my nephew Aiden a very happy 4th birthday!  I may or may not have called my brother's cell phone at 6:30 this morning so that we could sing to him.  

My crock pot has been getting a serious workout this winter and if you would ask me, I'd tell you the crock pot is one of the things I use most from my wedding shower.  

I bought some pork loin a few weeks ago when my supermarket had a 4 for $20 deal going on.  We don't eat a lot of pork but I thought it'd be a nice change from the typical chicken and pasta that populates our menu so often.

I put the pork loin in the crock pot, covered it with BBQ sauce and let it cook for a few hours.  After it was cooked through, I shredded it with two forks and let it marinate in the sauce.


We put the pulled pork on bread, served it with rice and called it a meal.  The little guy requested his on fishy  bread which you can see from the picture above.  Funny thing is - he doesn't really eat sandwiches.  As soon as the picture was taken, he promptly removed the pork from the bread and ate them separately.  That's my boy!

This was the little guy's first experience with pork and he loved it!!  I'll definitely be adding this into the rotation once in a while!

Question of the Day:
Have you tried anything new lately?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie