Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Little Red Wagon a/k/a I'm a Sucker

Happy Wednesday!

I'd like to share with you the story of how the little guy has officially wrapped me around his finger....and I've finally come to terms with it.

My mother-in-law really wanted to get the little guy a wagon for Christmas and the hubby and I didn't think it would be a good idea for one reason, and one reason only - we'd have no place to store it.  Over his little two years, he's gotten a basketball net, a grill and a lawnmower, just to name a few things, and they take up a reasonable amount of space in his playroom.  

Fast forward to Christmas Eve - my brother-in-law bought the little guy some bigger-sized Legos that came in a wagon - not one to ride in, of course, but to build on.  Well - long story short - the little guy loved it so much that he stuffed himself into the wagon and, despite being visually uncomfortable, he insisted we roll around the playroom.  I'm still surprised it hasn't broken yet.

The little guy received a Christmas gift that he already had, and, after returning it, the hubby and I realized that we only had to put a few dollars towards getting him a wagon that was both safe (it came with seatbelts!) and compact (the handle folds down for easy storing).  Sidebar - this wagon even comes with cup holders! The hubby wasn't on board completely until I told him all about the benefits of having a wagon - one of them being that trips to the Zoo would be much easier with a wagon than a stroller.  Eventually, he caved and a few days after Christmas, the little guy's wagon showed up on our doorstep.  Part of me feels badly about vetoing the wagon from my mother-in-law but, at the time, we didn't think it would be a good idea when she asked us.  After seeing how excited he was in the smaller Lego wagon from my brother-in-law, we couldn't wait to see his face when he could comfortably fit in one.

The hubby was working on the day the wagon came, so, after about 50 minutes of trying to get it together, I succeeded.

Oh, and before I get to the pictures - the little guy is very attached to his stuffed animals.  They all have a name - the bear in the pictures below is Frank.  When I was telling my mom about how much he loves the wagon, I told her that Frank went along for a ride.  My mom thought I was talking about an actual person and when I told her it was his bear, we both had a good laugh.  I guess sometimes I take for granted that people know who I'm talking about when I say "Frank"!

See how much he loved it?




In the last picture, he wanted to show that Ernie was in the wagon too, hence Ernie's feet.  Oh yes, and one more thing?  It was required that I sing "Bumping up and down in my little red wagon" the entire time I wheeled him around.  I kid you not.

So yes, you can officially call me a sucker!

Question of the Day:
What was your favorite toy growing up?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie