Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Am I the only one who thinks that sometimes shorter work weeks feel like they take longer to get through?  I woke up thinking today was Friday - oops.

Being a mommy of a toddler is exhausting.  Gone are the days where I could put John on a blanket surrounded by toys and expect him to stay there.  I kissed those days goodbye pretty much as soon as he started walking.  The little guy is up between 5:00 and 5:30 every morning raring to go.  The energy he has is unbelievable!  I'm certainly not complaining - I love watching him explore his world and a happy toddler = happy mommy.  

But sometimes?  Sometimes I forget just how little he once was.  Sometimes it's hard to remember what it was like to snuggle most of the day away without him wanting to get down or without shying away from the myriad of kisses I give him.

Then there are those times when I'm reminded of his innocence, his sweetness (he's in a "testing" phase right now) and I catch a glimpse of that little baby boy - and I realize he has been right there all along.



Today I'm thankful I got capture this moment on camera.

Question of the Day:

What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie