Monday, January 7, 2013

Sausage and Eggie Casserole

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Mine was great!  The little guy woke up yesterday with a really bad cold, but other than that, he's acting like his high-energy self, so I can't complain too much.  

Over Christmas break, I made a sausage egg and cheese casserole I found via Pinterest.  It reminded me of my sister-in-law's brunch bread and I couldn't wait to try it.  The little guy refers to eggs as "eggies", hence the title of the blog post :)

The recipe is ridiculously simple:

1 cup of milk
5 eggs
shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
1lb of sausage (I used the heat and eat low fat turkey kind)

Preheat your over to 400 degrees.

Take a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray and roll out the crescent dough.  Pinch the seams together so that it looks like one long piece of dough.

Cook and drain your sausage and spread evenly over crescent dough layer.  *I microwaved my heat and eat sausage links, chopped them up and spread them over the dough.

In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.  Once they are combined, pour it on top of the sausage.

Sprinkle as much cheese as you want on top and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes.




This was perfect for Christmas morning breakfast.  The leftovers heat up really well, which is always a plus!  I'll definitely be making this again - possibly with the addition of ham or bacon next time!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite breakfast?