Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Things I'm Digging This Holiday Season


Hello, friends!  Happy Wednesday!

It's a slow week over here at work.  The students are officially in exam season which means that most of the professors aren't around.  It makes for a quiet work day, and while I'm certainly not complaining, I think I reached the end of the internet yesterday.  I mean really, there's only so much time you can waste on Pinterest, right?  I was so bored that I actually thought about organizing my Pinterest boards.  It was that bad.

So. The Christmas Season.  Can we discuss this for a second?  For the first time in as long as I can remember, I can actually sit back and enjoy the holiday season this year.  I finished up my shopping extremely early (thank God for cyber Monday deals!) and now I have the opportunity to soak it all in.  Last night the little guy and I took a walk to see the Christmas lights in the neighborhood.  It was unseasonably warm and the little guy loves looking for Santa, Frosty and Snoopy.  I think he likes the blow-up lawn decorations more than the lights themselves.  

Aside from gifts that have been purchased for the little guy, I thought I'd drum up a post about things I'm digging this holiday season.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who shops for themselves during this time of the year!

ELF (Eyes, Lips, Face) makeup.  Has anyone else heard of this company?  I've seen their products in Target and not only are they super cheap, but their make-up is actually good.  The other night I picked up their Essential Little Black Beauty Book of eye shadow for $5.00.  I'm kinda in love with it.  I literally went home and threw out all of my old eye shadow (we're talking stuff that has been around for years....I know...gross).  My make-up bag has never been so light!

Pashminas.  I can't ever get enough of these things.  I wear them all of the time during the winter and especially in the office.  It's always freezing!

Five Below.  My babysitter told me about this store last Christmas.  Everything in the store is priced at $5.00 or cheaper, and while some of the things in there are total junk, you can score some great deals on movies, stocking stuffers and gifts for kids.  I would say roughly half of the little guy's presents came from Five Below.  A Mickey Mouse puzzle for $2.00?  Yes, please!

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.  I love this movie so, so much!  I bought it last year in hopes that the little guy would love it as much as I do.  He's just starting to get into it this holiday season.  Last night, he saw Cookie Monster typing on a typewriter and asked me what it was.  Oh man, did that make me feel old!

Smiley face pizza.  Because really, you're never to old to enjoy it.  Finding the smiley face on this pizza we made on Sunday is like trying find Waldo, but we loved it all the same.



Question of the Day:
What are you enjoying this holiday season?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie