Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Monster Magic Cookie Bars


Happy Wednesday!

Over the weekend, the hubby and I attended a Christmas party.  Each person was asked to bring either an appetizer or dessert.  In my house, one of the cardinal rules is that you should never make something new and bring it to a party in case it doesn't turn out right.  It seems that my mom and I break that rule all of the time.

Case in point.  When I saw this recipe for Monster Magic Cookie Bars, I thought it would be the perfect thing to make.

Here's the recipe:

9 full graham crackers (I actually used 15 because 9 crushed graham crackers didn't fit my 9x13 pan)
4 tbsp. butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
approximately 3/4 c. oats
approximately 3/4 c. M&Ms

1. In a zip top bag, crush the graham crackers using a rolling pin.
2. Once crushed, add the 4 tbsp. butter to the bag.
3. Place in the microwave and heat up for about 30 seconds.
4. Remove from microwave, let out the air and make sure the bag is sealed (maybe let it cool for a
second or two!), and “mush” the butter and graham crackers together until fully incorporated.
5. Press the graham cracker crumbs into a well-greased and parchment lined 9×13 baking dish.
6. Evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker layer.
7. Sprinkle the oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips evenly over the sweetened condensed milk and
gently press in a little.
8. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until browned and pulling away from the edges.
9. Let cool and serve.
10. - See more at: http://www.somethingswanky.com/monster-magic-cookiebars/#sthash.OsHP6ceJ.dpuf


This whipped up in no time and the hardest part was waiting for them to cool before digging in.  I may have burnt my mouth trying to taste one.  I'm such a little kid with things like that.



I used red and green M&M's because it seemed festive.  Let me tell you - these guys were amazing.  They are very, very rich so even though they are addictive, one square is more than enough - and this is coming from someone who hardly ever thinks anything is too rich.

I'll definitely be making these again over the next few weeks!

Question of the Day:
Do you do any holiday baking?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie