Monday, December 3, 2012

Crock Pot Wings

Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  

A friend of mine had been raving about a crock pot wing recipe on facebook the other day so much so that I knew I had to try it.  

Instead of wings, I used drumsticks and took the skin off before making the recipe.  This was the first time I've ever taken the skin off of anything - I typically go the easy route and buy things skinless.  I bit the bullet this time and while it wasn't difficult to do, it did gross me out a little bit.  

The recipe was easy enough and I had everything except for the Dijon mustard.  My friend also added a tablespoon of ground ginger to the mix and since she liked it so much, I added it as well.

Ingredients

    • 5 lbs chicken wings
    • 2 cups brown sugar
    • 1 cup Dijon mustard
    • 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

Directions

  1. Remove the tips from the chicken wings; separate the wings at the joint.
  2. Place them in a crock pot.
  3. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
  4. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.


You could cook this on high for three hours if you are crunched for time.  I cooked mine on low and after it was done, I took the lid off and let the sauce thicken up.  You could also take the lid off during the last hour of cooking.


I served the drumsticks with some french fries.  I have been craving them for quite some time now!


The drumsticks were deliciously sweet and the chicken was literally falling off of the bone - no knife needed! The husband hardly said a word during dinner because he liked them that much.  It was certainly a hit in our house!

The little guy wasn't a fan, so he had some fake chicken nuggets from Morningstar Farms.  He loves those things!

After dinner, the little guy once again asked if he could watch a Mickey Mouse movie.  This is now his favorite thing to wear when he watches Mickey Mouse:

1.  Sunglasses
2.  Mickey Mouse Fireman Hat from a Halloween costume my babysitter gave to us
3.  Slippers

I think he looks pretty handsome don't you? haha



Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie