Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving and Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Mine was good.  We spent Thanksgiving with my in-laws.  While I hate that I don't get to see my family on Thanksgiving, the trade-off is that I get to spend Christmas day with them.  I feel like it's a small sacrifice and so to my in-laws we went.

The little guy took his nap on the way over to their house.  They were eating early, and we didn't want to arrive right at dinnertime, so we opted to have him nap in the car.  His usual 1.5-2 hour nap was cut short to 40 minutes, but in spite of that, he did really well.  He got to see his cousins, and it's amazing to see what a difference a year makes.  Last year the hubby and I were constantly attached at the hip to the little guy - we didn't want him to get hurt or touch things he shouldn't be touching (i.e. electrical sockets).  This year, however, the little guy and my nephews were running around the house, playing tag, watching tv.....being complete boys.



Over the weekend we put up our Christmas decorations and decorated the tree.  The Elf on the Shelf came to visit us for the first time this year.  Basically, the elf is sent from Santa to watch over the kids in your house.  Each night he goes back and reports to Santa whether or not the child was good or bad.  There's a whole story that goes with the elf - it's really adorable.  I wasn't sure if the little guy would be afraid or not, but it turns out that he thinks the elf is really neat.

One of the first things the story tells you to do is to name your elf so he can begin working his magic.  We talked about all of the different names he could have but the little guy chose this profound name - Elf the Boy.  Yup, he's creative, folks!


That was my week in a nutshell.  I can't believe the Thanksgiving break is over already!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time! 
~Anne Marie