Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Me vs. Turkey


Happy Wednesday! 

You know, despite the fact that I enjoy cooking, I can't, for the life of me, cook a turkey.  Not because it's physically impossible for me, but the thought of cleaning out the turkey, giblets and all, grosses me out.  I just can't bring myself to get past it.

This year I had the option of getting a free turkey, turkey breast or Stouffer's lasagna because I earned points from grocery shopping.  I typically pick the lasagna because it's insanely good.  The downside, though, is that it's also insanely loaded with calories and fat.  My mom convinced me to try cooking a turkey breast.  I bit the bullet, claimed my free turkey breast and cooked it over the weekend.

We had it for the first time last night and served it with wild rice mixed with veggies.


As with almost every lesson I've learned in my life, my mom was right.  It cooked in the oven for a few hours and was easy as pie.  I'm glad I have this experience under my belt.  Giblets, on the other hand, will just have to wait for another day.

Question of the Day:
Have you ever cooked a "full" turkey or chicken?  

Until next time!
~Anne Marie