Monday, November 5, 2012

Hold Your Horses!

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend!  Mine was spent running some errands, spending some quality time with my mom and grandmom and hanging out with the hubby. 

So what's that blog title all about, you're wondering?  Well - let me tell you!  I went food shopping on Friday and the first thing I noticed was the huge stack of Christmas-themed candy right where the Halloween candy was the week before.  After walking down a few aisles, half of one which was specifically Christmas oriented, I started thinking about why this season is rushed so much.  As I was leaving, I noticed some workers putting up the lighted snowflakes outside of the store along with other winter decorations.  

I put it out of my head until Sunday, when we were driving home from Church and saw a business with wreaths and garland on their doors and windows.  I did a double-take.  Seriously?  We've just gotten over Halloween and instead of gearing up for Thanksgiving and focusing on being thankful, there are those that are focusing on the holiday season, getting the best deal on a certain product and the like. My aunt told me this morning that when she was in Old Navy two Christmas songs came over the airways....I just can't handle it!

The earlier the holiday season starts, the earlier I start to resent it.  Call me a Grinch, but I'd like to focus on Thanksgiving before focusing on Christmas! 




Source

Growing up, my mom always had a rule that the Christmas tree never went up until after my birthday.  I have a mid-December birthday and I could never understand what the big deal was, but now I completely get it.  Thanks, Mom, for always making my birthday separate from Christmas.  Thank you for never rushing the holiday season and for always keeping me in check.

I'm going to be a little bit of a Grinch at least until Thanksgiving is over.  Anyone else with me or am I being a little bit unreasonable?

Question of the Day:
When do you start celebrating the holidays?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie