Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Cat's Out of the Bag

Happy Wednesday!

A couple of days ago, Jenn from Slim Shoppin asked me if I would like to be featured on her weight loss success story page.  I was honored and couldn't wait to answer her questions.  Yesterday, the post went live (here it is!) and, while I was more than excited to share my story with people who I don't "know" in the internet world, I wasn't sure whether or not I should share it on my Facebook page.  I had a debate with myself.  Don't get me wrong - I feel that I own my weight loss and all that comes with it.  It's not who I am, but it does have a huge part in my daily life.  What I struggled with was letting the "world" know that I have a blog.  Most of my family and close friends know about it, but there are others who simply had no idea.  (Even my best friend had no clue- hi best friend if you're reading!)   It's not that I'm ashamed or have any reason to hide, but blogging isn't something that comes up in my every day conversations, so I don't talk a lot about it.  There's something about openly discussing it that makes me feel vulnerable.  I mean this is my outlet and the place where I sometimes share pretty personal things.  Did I really want to open myself up to everyone I actually know?

So, what did I decide to do?  Yesterday, I let the cat out of the bag and shared the post with my Facebook friends.  People I knew from college, neighbors, friends, "friends" from high school.....now they know.  

Source
You know what?  It wasn't so bad.  The outpouring of love and support is overwhelming.  I don't know why I held back for so long.  It feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and that I can breathe in the crisp, fresh air....and it feels fantastic.

So Jenn.....thanks so much for the opportunity! I really appreciate it!

Question of the Day:

For those of you who are bloggers, are you "open" with your blog?  

Until next time!
~Anne Marie