Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Very Special Birthday

Dear John,

Today you are two years old.  Happy birthday, my sweet baby boy.  It's hard to think that this was our reality just two years ago.


Your Uncle Kevin and Uncle Eric on the day you were born

I remember the first time I heard you cry and I cried with you.  Even though the nurse was only giving you a bath, I couldn't wait until I was able to hold you and make you stop crying.  The moment we met, I knew I was changed for life and would always feel love like I could never ever imagine.


While I was home with you, I liked to document everything you did....you even captured my heart when you yawned.




Everyone would tell me what a good baby you were and I had to agree.  I mean really, you were the happiest baby I knew and you took everything in stride....even when I put you in outfits that I thought were absolutely adorable.  Looking back on this, you may think otherwise.


It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating your first birthday.  You still had that baby look to you and I couldn't wait for what was in store as you continued to grow.



So what did you do during that year?  Well, my sweet child, you grew up.....a lot.  You started talking in full sentences.  You began to feed yourself.  Your personality began to peek through and now you are someone I can reason with.

The one thing I hope you never lose is your compassion.  You are the kindest, gentlest and most caring boy I have ever met.


 Never lose your sense of wonder.  At the moment, you love to explore sticks, grass, leaves and anything that can be found on the ground.



 You love to laugh. A lot.  I don't think I'll ever tire of your belly laughs.


Barney is one of your favorites, and when we met him over the summer, you couldn't get enough of him.  A big purple dinosaur is enough to freak out mommy, but you?  You wouldn't stop giving Barney hugs.


Your newest thing is trying to walk in my shoes.  You chose mommy's shoes with the heel on them and you walk better in them that I can most of the time.


John, I'm so honored and blessed to have you in my life.  I don't know where I'd be if you hadn't crept into my life two years ago.



I hope you have the happiest of birthdays.

I love you so much!

Love,
Mommy