Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Starting a Tradition


Happy Wednesday!

When I look back at my childhood, I see that it was filled with lots of traditions.  One that stands out in particular are holiday meals at my grandmom's house where there would be escarole soup, crostini, green spaghetti, antipasti and celery wrapped in prosciutto....and that was before the main meal! Of course, in addition to the food, my grandmom's house was filled with loud, feisty Italians laughing, joking and having a good time.  This is a tradition we still keep, and it's one of my favorite traditions in the whole world.

For the past month or so, I've started a tradition with my little guy.  We've started making pizza together every Sunday.  I think it's super important to cook with him so that he gets involved with the food he's eating.  Plus, when he helps make his own food, he will typically eat more of it. 

Last Sunday I was able to record what our typical pizza making experience is like.  You'll see that he eats much more than he "cooks" but he enjoys himself nonetheless.

You may hear the little guy mention "Guh Guh's" gravy.  Guh Guh is what he calls my mom.  When he was first learning to talk, that's how he said grandmom.  The name has kinda stuck!



This is a tradition I'd like to keep around for awhile!

Question of the Day:
Tell me about a tradition in your family.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie