Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hello Fall!


Happy Wednesday!

Am I the only one who feels like this week is going by slowly?  I swore it was Thursday too many times today that I've lost count!

With the change in temperatures in our area, our household has slowly made the transition from t-shirts and shorts to jeans and hoodies.  

The little guy is in love with his jeans.  He gets so excited to wear them!



Along with the shift in weather comes a shift in how I cook my meals - when Fall hits, the crock-pot comes out.  I love my crock-pot so much in the Fall and Winter that I could hug it if it weren't so weird!  Crock-pot cooking makes life so much easier, doesn't it?

I found this recipe for salsa chicken and knew it was right up my alley.  While it doesn't look like the prettiest thing I've ever made, it sure tasted delicious.  It was a bit too spicy for the little guy, so I'm still trying to think of a modification for it.


Here's the recipe from the site:

Ingredients:

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts 
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup 
1 cup salsa 
1 package taco seasoning 
1 cup sour cream 
cilantro, for serving (optional)

Directions: 

Put chicken, soup, and salsa in slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything. Cook on low for 6 hours. If shredding the chicken, pull the breasts out and shred; return back to slow cooker. Stir in sour cream and heat just until everything is combined.


Question of the Day:
Do you use a crock-pot during the Spring/Summer?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie