Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

This is going to be a picture-heavy post - you've been warned!

Today, I'm thankful for the gift of life.  On Sunday I got a phone call that one of our friend's sons passed away.  He was only 24 years old.  After I got off of the phone, I looked down at the little guy and realized how thankful I am for the life I have.  It's so easy for me to focus on the negative things, but after hearing about the tragedy, it's not so hard for me to see the good in my life and how truly blessed I am.

Here are a few lessons I've learned along the way.....

Hug often.  Hugs have been proven to reduce stress levels, they are calorie free and make you feel down right good.


My nephew hugging my little guy
Don't forget your family.  They are an important link to your past and will stick by you in the future.  Maintain relationships with them even when it's difficult. 

Mom, Kevin, Eric and me
Don't be afraid to act silly.  If you can get it on film, even better.  You'll look back on those silly photos and have a laugh, even if it's at the expense of your favorite aunt.

My brother and my aunt
Take family photos, even when it's a pain in the neck to get everyone in the same picture.  You'll treasure these photos someday.

The ladies of the family with my Uncle Joe and nephew
Take the opportunity to act like a kid again.  Sure, you may not have the energy that you used to but it's fun anyway.

My brothers and I reenacting how we acted when we were younger
Take embarrassing photos.  This kind of goes along with don't be afraid to act silly.  Sure, you may look like a complete weirdo, but that's the fun of it!

My cousins and I last Christmas
Give smooches to your loved ones.  Show them you love them, tell them you care and hold onto them tight.
The little guy and hubby

Me, my grandmom and my cousin
Laugh hard and laugh often.  It's the best kind of medicine.

Me, my grandmom and my cousin
And, above all......be thankful.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie