Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Oldie But Goodie

Happy Wednesday!

Woo hoo to being halfway through the work week!

When I was deciding on what to make for the week, my mind immediately went to something I haven't had in a long time....bubble up pizza. See what I mean about being on a pizza kick lately? I've made it a few different ways in the past, but the main objective was to keep it relatively simple because it increases the chances that the little guy will eat it.

To make bubble up pizza, you'll need:

1 15oz can of reduced fat biscuits, quartered
1 lb of extra lean ground turkey/beef/chicken (optional)
1 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
1 15oz jar of pizza sauce
Pizza toppings (peppers, onions, olives, pepperoni....it's up to you!

Start by browning the meat in a pot. Once it's cooked through, add your veggies until cooked. I used some chopped red peppers to make it easier for the little guy to stomach. Next add in the pizza sauce and quartered biscuits. Mix to combine. Once everything is all coated, pour it into a 9x13 pan that has been coated with cooking spray.

Top with cheese and throw it into a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. 

Let cool and serve.


I may or may not have added more than the recommended amount of cheese.

The little guy loved picking out the turkey pepperoni and peppers.  It's a great way for kids to get their veggies in so it works for me!

Question of the Day:
Do you sneak veggies into your meals?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie