Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to Life.....

....back to reality!

Today I have this song in my head because I'm back from my vacation. 



We had such a blast being away for a week.  On Monday we packed up our bags and headed to North Wildwood, New Jersey.  Good friends of ours allowed us to stay at their house right on the bay.  The view was beautiful, the weather was amazing and we had a fantastic time.

Let's start at the beginning, shall we?  It took us roughly two hours to get to the house.  We left our house right around 9:00, because the little guy takes his nap around that time.  We figured he'd sleep the majority of the ride and we were right.

Asleep on the ride down.
On our first day we decided to skip the beach and head to the boardwalk instead.  The last time we went to the beach, the little guy was a little bit too little, so he wasn't able to enjoy the rides, the ocean, etc.   It was really cool to see his transition over the past year from a baby to a toddler.  As soon as the little guy saw this car with Kermit the Frog on it, he immediately wanted out of his coach and into the car.  


He thought it was pretty great to drive with "Kermie." 

There was excitement in the air and I don't think any of us could stop smiling, so the little guy and I posed for a picture mid-boardwalk.




The next thing that caught the little guy's eye was the train.  This kid loves trains like I love chocolate.  I wasn't sure how he'd do with a "bigger" ride, but he was a champ.  I have a video of him and the hubby riding on the train, and all you can hear is the little guy saying "choo choo!"


We spent the next day at the beach exploring the ocean and the sand.  I wasn't sure how he'd do with the ocean - he was so scared of it last year - but the little guy loved it and couldn't get enough of playing in the water and digging in the sand.


A trip to the shore wouldn't be complete without a visit to Kohr Brother's Ice Cream.  They have the best soft-serve ice cream I've ever tasted.  The little guy enjoyed it so much that we had one every night we were there. Sugar high anyone?


I didn't take too many pictures of the house where we stayed, but I thought it was only appropriate to capture the mug I drank coffee out of every morning.  I'm nowhere close to being Irish, but I want to get my hands on this mug.  It made me smile every time I looked at it, and I made sure the hubby took note of the saying.

I can't end this post without sharing the beautiful view we had during our week.  The house was right on the bay, and every night at sunset pretty much looked like this.

 
 
One of the highlights of the trip was getting up early with the little guy almost every day.  I let the hubby sleep in on most days and I truly cherished the few hours the little guy and I had to ourselves.  We watched the sun come up, we played with Legos and we shared laughs.  It was the best!

The little guy and I during sunrise!



We had such a beautiful and relaxing week and I'm not ready to be back to work just yet!  

Question of the Day:
What do you prefer - sunrises or sunsets?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie