Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A New Direction

Happy Wednesday!

After some thought, I've decided to take my blog in a new direction.  Lately I've been posting more and more about my life and less and less about the food I'm eating or new recipes.  And you know what?  I kind of like it.I mean really, is anyone else getting tired of the same old food pictures of pizza, chicken cutlet and meatloaf?  I know it's getting boring to write about, that's for sure!




So my blog?  Well, it'll probably have less of a food focus for now and I hope you're okay with that.  I'll still be posting recipes here and there, but right now, I'm finding it more enjoyable to talk about other things. 

Take, for example, the recent trip we took to the Philadelphia Zoo.  The little guy wanted to hug the gorilla statue and the hubby got the moment on film.

As the little guy gets older and older, he's getting more and more fun to hang out with.  He notices so much, and I love watching him interact with his world. 

Wearing 3-D glasses upside down
Oh, and before I forget - we're starting to potty train the little guy, but we're taking it very, very slowly.  I sit him on his potty seat in the morning and at night before he goes to bed.  He gets a sticker each time he does his business and when he hits five stickers, he gets a book. 

The hubby had this set up the first time the little guy used the potty.

I mean really, how cute is that?  It's all of the little guys' "buddies" along with some mini muffins and a candle.  The hubby told the little guy that the buddies were there to congratulate him for using the potty.

I know I'll look back on these photos some day and laugh. 

Question of the Day:
What's something you've celebrated recently?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie